Improving Patient Care Through Teams Implementation Guide
Resource: Continuous and Team-Based Healing Relationships: Improving Patient Care Through Teams (PDF, 1.76 MB, 23 pages)
This implementation guide by the Safety Net Medical Home Initiative addresses why care teams are important for improving patient care and ways to build an effective care team that meet patients’ needs and expectations. This resource addresses several change strategies in Key Driver 4: Create and support high functioning teams to deliver high-quality evidence-based care. In addition, its appendix addresses Key Driver 3: Optimize health information systems to extract data and support use of evidence in practice. Sections of this document include:
- The Change Concepts for Practice Transformation: A Framework for Primary Care Medical Home.
- Fundamentals of Continuity of Care.
- Implement Continuous Team-Based Care.
- Case Study: Care Team Development in a Rural System.
- Case Study: Moving to Team-Based Care in a Large Provider Setting with Diverse Populations.
- Additional Resources.
- Appendix A: Health Information Technology.
Institution of origin: Safety Net Medical Home Initiative
Author(s): Coleman K, Reid R
Publication date: May 2013
Page originally created October 2018