Toolkit for Reducing CAUTI in Hospitals
- Preventing CAUTI in the ICU Setting
This four-module narrated presentation is designed for intensive care unit (ICU) nurses to gain a sense of confidence and demonstrate competence in CAUTI prevention concepts and techniques.
- Facilitator’s Guide (Word, 4.7 MB)
- Transcript of mp4 video recordings of all four modules
Transcript (PDF, 486 KB)
- Module 1: Overview
Microsoft PowerPoint (1.2 MB) (HTML Version) | Facilitator Notes (Word, 2.3 MB)
- Module 2: Urinary Catheter Maintenance
Microsoft PowerPoint (1.7 MB) (HTML Version) | Facilitator Notes (Word, 1.5 MB)
- Module 3: Conversations Around Device Necessity
Microsoft PowerPoint (1.8 MB) (HTML Version) | Facilitator Notes (Word, 2.3 MB)
- Module 4: Summary and Next Steps
Microsoft PowerPoint (1.3 MB) (HTML Version) | Facilitator Notes (Word, 2 MB)
- Emergency Nurses Association presents CAUTI
Accessible version (PDF, 2.3 MB)
This online learning module developed by the Emergency Nurses Association reviews published recommendations for reducing CAUTIs and includes a discussion of the obstacles uniquely encountered by the emergency department as practice evolves to incorporate evidence-based recommendations. The tool consists of a narrated slide set with a partial transcript.
- Resident Physicians as Champions in Preventing Device-Associated Infections
This tool, checklist, and pocket guide (it may also be used as an identification badge attachment) helps physicians-in-training improve their approach when evaluating the infectious risk of and need for invasive devices in the hospital. It can be used as a self-learning module or as an adjunct to existing educational or orientation programs.
Tool and checklist (PDF, 1 MB) / Pocket guide (PDF, 69 KB)
- CUSP Toolkit
Return to the Toolkit for Reducing CAUTI in Hospitals Main Page