Download the AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange Databases
The entire Health Care Innovations Exchange collection (Innovation Profiles and QualityTools) is freely available for download. Two databases are available and must be downloaded separately:
- A database that contains the text of all Innovation Profiles and Attempts.
- A database that contains the text of all QualityTools.
Databases are updated with each biweekly issue and are provided in the following two file formats:
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. This file format meets the needs of most users and can be managed with a variety of software types. Due to the large file size and amount of text content, database or qualitative analysis software may be needed to optimize use of the data.
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) file. This file format is provided for programmers and developers.
The approximate file size is displayed next to each file type. Files are zipped (compressed). If you do not have a zip file utility already installed on your computer, there are many vendors on the Internet who can provide zip file format utilities for Windows®, Mac®, Linux, and Unix. Information about file contents, including data definitions, is provided in the description documents below.
Download the Innovation Profiles Database
Select a file type:
Description of the database (including column names, formats, and definitions)
How do I cite the information found in the Innovation Profiles or Quality Tools Databases?
The suggested citation format for the Innovation Profiles or QualityTools Database:
- Innovation Profiles/QualityTools Database [insert downloaded filename]. In: AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange [Web site]. Rockville (MD): [cited YYYY Mon DD]. Available: https://innovations.ahrq.gov/database-download.
Example: QualityTools Database [AHRQ_Innovations_Exchange_QualityTools.csv]. In: AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange [Web site]. Rockville (MD): [cited 2014 Mar 31]. Available: https://innovations.ahrq.gov/database-download.