Overall: Lean training and experience are gained through participation in an RCI event and Lean project.
Duration: 4.5 days total.
- Create charter.
- Select team members.
- Observe current processes and collect baseline data.
- Prepare individuals for their roles in Lean event.
- Monday: Give short introduction to Lean principles and tools; discuss reasons for action and "triggers" for process.
- Monday and Tuesday: Map initial state and target state; conduct gap analysis.
- Wednesday and Thursday: Discuss solution ideas; conduct rapid experiments; develop completion plan; confirm state (measuring actual impacts of event changes).
- Thursday: Wrap up (creation of standard work, communication, and education plans based on confirmed state); hold conclusions meeting with all Lean teams participating in RCI that week.
- Friday: Report out to senior-level staff.
- Implement all changes on Monday following the event (sometimes sooner).
- Follow up on completion plan activities.
- Track event week metrics and post in common area.
- Send out weekly communications and updates to staff during 1st month after the event.
- Send out biweekly communications and updates to staff in 2nd and 3rd months after the event.