- Relationship to project: Lean training and experience are gained through participation in a Lean project.
- Mode: In person.
- Duration (typically): 4.5 day RIE.
- Participants: Lean team members (approximately 8–10 people, or size of team).
- Trainer: Initially a consultant; after approximately 1 year, an internal Lean facilitator, member of the Advance Deployment Office.
- Topics covered: Lean principles, A3 tool (project roadmap), specific Lean tools used in RIE.
Improving Care Delivery Through Lean: Implementation Case Studies
Exhibit 5.9. Lean Team Training at Heights Hospital
Internet Citation: Exhibit 5.9. Lean Team Training at Heights Hospital. Content last reviewed November 2014. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.