Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (CQuIPS)
Sign up: Patient Safety Email updates
The Director of CQuIPS is Craig Umscheid, M.D., M.S.
The Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (CQuIPS):
- Conducts and supports user-driven research on patient safety and health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Develops and disseminates reports and information on patient safety and health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the health care system to implement evidence-based practices, accelerating and amplifying improvements in quality and safety for patients.
- Assesses patient safety and health care quality to ensure continuous learning and improvement.
The following AHRQ Programs are based in CQuIPS:
- Patient Safety Research Program
- Healthcare-Associated Infections Program
- Diagnostic Safety Program
- Patient Safety Network (AHRQ PSNet)
- Making Healthcare Safer Report Program
- Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP)
- Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS®) Program
- National Healthcare Quality & Disparities Report Program
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Program
- Surveys on Patient Safety Culture (SOPS) Program
- AHRQuality Indicators Program
- The Patient Safety Organization Program
- National Action Alliance to Advance Patient Safety