Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (CQuIPS)
Works to improve the quality and safety of our health care system through research and implementation of evidence.
Sign up: Patient Safety Email updates
The Director of CQuIPS is Craig Umscheid, M.D., M.S.
The Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (CQuIPS):
- Conducts and supports user-driven research on patient safety and health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Develops and disseminates reports and information on health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the health care system to implement evidence-based practices, accelerating and amplifying improvements in quality and safety for patients.
- Assesses our own practices to ensure continuous learning and improvement for the Center and its members.
The following AHRQ Programs are based in CQuIPS:
- Patient Safety Research Program.
- Healthcare-Associated Infections Program.
- The Patient Safety Organization Program.
- The National Healthcare Quality & Disparities Report Program.
- The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Program.
- AHRQ Quality Indicators Program.