- Engage program directors of the different specialties and discuss the importance of addressing device safety as an integral aspect of RP training.
- Identify faculty interested in supporting the education.
- Distribute the toolkit to all RPs and faculty.
- Provide formal lectures to address device risk, especially the UC, for both RPs and faculty.
- Encourage incorporating daily device evaluation into team rounds (i.e., when both residents and faculty discuss patient care).
- Provide regular feedback to RPs on their performance (both device use and adverse outcomes associated).
- Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP)
- Decolonization – Universal and Targeted
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers Toolkit
- CLABSI and CAUTI Prevention in ICUs
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia Toolkit
- Improving Surgical Care and Recovery
- Improving Your Laboratory Testing Process
- Mechanically Ventilated Patients Toolkit
- MRSA Prevention
- Non-ICU Patients With Devices
- Reduce CAUTI in LTC Facilities
- Reducing CAUTI in Hospitals
- Reducing CLABSI Toolkit
- Safe Surgery Toolkit
- Safe Transitions Across Ambulatory Settings
- Universal ICU Decolonization Protocol
Resident Physicians as Champions in Preventing Device-Associated Infections
Plan To Help Incorporate the Role of Champions for Resident Physicians
Table of Contents
- Resident Physicians as Champions in Preventing Device-Associated Infections
- Preamble and Summary
- Epidemiology of Invasive Devices and Complications
- Examples of Patient Harm Related to Invasive Devices
- Preventing Device-Associated Infections
- Resident Physicians as Safety Champions
- Preventing CAUTI: Focus on Culturing Stewardship
- Tools To Help Mitigate Device Risk
- Plan To Help Incorporate the Role of Champions for Resident Physicians
- Appendix A. Teamwork and Communication Definitions and Tools
Internet Citation: Plan To Help Incorporate the Role of Champions for Resident Physicians. Content last reviewed October 2015. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.