How To Use This Toolkit
The toolkit consists of three sections. Your facility can use the materials in each section in improvement efforts to reduce CAUTI and other HAIs.
Sections aggregate and organize by topic all of the instructional guidance, tools, slide sets, videos and other resources. For overview information, a good place to start is the Guide to Implementing a Program To Reduce Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections in Long-Term Care. Most materials can be used in any order or combination to tailor them to your facilities’ needs.
Each section contains some or all of the following materials:
- Guides (PDF): Each guide walks users through a key step of establishing and maintaining an infection prevention program for long-term care facilities and creating a culture of safety.
- Tools (Word and PDF): The tools help you and your facility implement the concepts in the guides. Tools include items such as checklists, information sheets, forms, and worksheets. Some materials can be modified to fit your facility's needs.
- Slide sets (PowerPoint): Educational slide sets can be viewed by individual users or presented to a group by a facilitator or leader.
- Facilitator guides (Word): Each slide set is accompanied by a facilitator guide, which is a script to use when presenting the slides. The guides can be edited to meet presentation needs.
- Videos (mp4): There are three categories of videos: brief hypothetical scenarios that illustrate concepts presented in the Long-Term Care Safety Modules, narrated presentations of slide sets in the educational bundles, and a standalone video that promotes antibiotic stewardship.