Improve Safety Culture
- Long-Term-Care Safety Toolkit Modules
Comprises six modules (available in English and Spanish) that describe how to apply CUSP for long-term care resident safety. They support learning and implementation efforts to improve safety culture and practices in long term care facilities. They provide concepts and tools that aim to change the way facilities do their work and provide care, allowing for better outcomes and higher quality of care for residents.
- Communication Strategies
Educational module on how barriers to effective communication can impact the safety culture in a long-term care facility, and provides tools and strategies to improve communication and resident safety.
- AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture
A survey available for nursing homes that helps facilities assess staff perceptions of resident safety culture and track changes over time.
- Overview of the Long-Term Care Safety Toolkit Modules and Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture (Word, 2.4 MB)
Use this document to identify which modules of the Long-Term Care Safety Toolkit Modules can provide relevant content to address your facility’s opportunities for improvement identified using the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture Survey Administration Materials and Results Discussion Guide (Word, 287 KB)
Provides information and strategies to promote and utilize facility-level results from the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture.
- T.E.A.M.S. infographic (PDF, 1.18 MB)
This tool provides a visual guide on specific interventions that promote a culture of safety. It is designed to assist you in developing skills and strategies to improve all aspects of resident safety, not just infection prevention.
- TeamSTEPPS© for Long-Term Care Version provides tools and strategies to engage leadership, staff, and residents and families in communicating and sharing strategies to reduce barriers to safe, quality care.