The Primary Care Practice Facilitation (PCPF) Curriculum is designed to train both new and experienced practice facilitators in the knowledge and skills needed to support the adoption of evidence and make meaningful improvement in primary care practices. The curriculum consists of a preface, an introduction (PDF, 430.7 KB), and 32 training modules.
As described below, Module 1 provides information for instructors on adult education methods. Modules 2 through 32 focus on specific competencies and skills. Each module begins with an Instructor's Guide that:
- Identifies the PCPF competencies addressed in the module.
- The time that learners will need for preparation (including reading background material) .
- The length of the instructional session.
- The learning objectives of the module.
- Suggested instructional approaches.
The PCPF curriculum is organized into five parts: