AHRQ has tools to help providers confront opioid use disorder.
An AHRQ grantee developed a structured systems-based approach for primary care providers and their staff members to improve management of patients on chronic opioid therapy.
The Academy works to expand the integration of behavioral health care and primary care. It also supports those who are implementing medication-assisted treatment (MAT) in primary care settings by:
- Providing technical assistance and support to the grantees funded by AHRQ’s Increasing Access to Medication-Assisted Treatment in Rural Primary Care Practices initiative.
- Developing and disseminating resources and information to the broader audience of providers implementing MAT in rural primary care practices.
The Academy site compiles links to Web sites, videos, and webinars that address opioids, including:
- Search and Rescue, a Web site from the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids that tools and resources about prescription drug misuse to support healthcare providers and their patients.
- Remaining Optimistic When Treating OUD Can Be Challenging, a video from the Providers Clinical Support System that discusses the importance of provider optimism when providing substance use treatment.
- Addressing Clinicians' Concerns About Adding OUD Treatment, a video from the from the Providers Clinical Support System that addresses providers’ concerns and hesitation to offer MAT for opioid use disorder
- The Opioid Crisis: Treating Addiction and Saving Lives, a webinar from the National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation examines ways to expand access to evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder.
- The Opioid Crisis: Understanding Pain and Preventing Opioid Misuse, a webinar from the National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation that describes strategies to prevent opioid use disorder, including prescribing guidelines, collaborative partnerships, pain management alternatives, and education.
Page originally created September 2018