- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service. Improving patient care, improving the quality of and access to care. 2013; http://www.ihs.gov/ipc/index.cfm.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service. IHS Special Diabetes Program for Indians | 2011 Report to Congress: Making progress toward a healthier future. Rockville, MD. 2011.
- O'Connell JM, Wilson C, Manson SM, Acton KJ. The costs of treating American Indian adults with diabetes within the Indian Health Service. Am. J. Public Health. 2012;102(2):301-308.
- U.S. Census Bureau, U.S. Department of Commerce. American Community Survey. 2012; http://www.census.gov/acs/www/.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, United States Census Bureau. 2010 Census Data. http://www.census.gov/2010census/data/.
- Verisk Healthcare, Inc. DxCG RiskSmart Stand Alone, Version 2.1. Boston, MA: 2008.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Prevention Quality Indicators Overview 2012; http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Modules/pqi_resources.aspx.
- Giberson S, Yoder S, Lee MP. Improving patient and health system outcomes through advanced pharmacy practice. A report to the U.S. Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Public Health Service, Office of the Chief Pharmacist; 2011.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service. Updated user population estimates FY 2010. Rockville, MD: 2011.
- O'Connell J, Yi R, Wilson C, Manson SM, Acton KJ. Racial disparities in health status: A comparison of the morbidity among American Indian and U.S. adults with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:1-8.
- Rosenbaum SJ. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Implications for public health policy and practice. Public Health Rep. 2011;126(January-February):6.
- Rhoades DA. Racial misclassification and disparities in cardiovascular disease among American Indians and Alaska Natives. Circulation. 2005;111(10):1250-1256.
- Oh SS, Croft JB, Greenlund KJ, et al. Disparities in premature deaths from heart disease - 50 states and the District of Columbia, 2001. MMWR. 2004;53(6):121-125.
- Howard BV, Lee ET, Cowan LD, et al. Rising tide of cardiovascular disease in American Indians. The Strong Heart Study. Circulation. 1999;99(18):2389-2395.
- Acton KJ, Burrows NR, Geiss LS, Thompson T. Diabetes prevalence among American Indians and Alaska Natives and the overall population – United States, 1994-2002. MMWR. 2003;52(30):702-704.
- Crouch J, Korenbrot J, Korenbrot C. Medicare statistics for American Indians and Alaska Natives. Sacramento, CA: California Rural Indian Health Board; 2012.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service. Trends in Indian Health, 2000-2001. Rockville, MD: 2004.
- Grossman DC, Krieger JW, Sugarman JR, Forquera RA. Health status of urban American Indians and Alaska Natives. A population-based study. J. Am. Med. Assoc. 1994;271:845-850.
- Gilliland FD, Owen C, Gilliland SS, Carter JS. Temporal trends in diabetes mortality among American Indians and Hispanics in New Mexico: Birth cohort and period effects. Am. J. Epidemiol. 1997;145:422-431.
- Hoyert DL, Xu JQ. Deaths: Preliminary data for 2011. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2012.
- Heron M. Deaths: Leading causes for 2009. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics;2012.
- American Diabetes Association. Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:1033-1046.
- Advanced Methods in Delivery System Research
Delivery System Research Initiative
- Comparative Effectiveness of Health Care Delivery Systems for American Indians and Alaska Natives Using Enhanced Data Infrastructure
- Identifying Key Areas for Delivery Systems Research
- Implementing Team Approaches for Improving Diabetes Care in Health Centers
- Methods and Outcomes of Care Management Programs
- The IHA Bundled Episode Payment and Gainsharing Demonstration
- The Spread Problem
- Variation in the Implementation of California's Full-Service Partnerships
- System Redesign Responses to Challenges in Safety-Net System
ARRA ACTION: Comparative Effectiveness of Health Care Delivery Systems for American Indians and Alaska Natives Using Enhanced Data Infrastructure
Table of Contents
- ARRA ACTION: Comparative Effectiveness of Health Care Delivery Systems for American Indians and Alaska Natives Using Enhanced Data Infrastructure
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1. Project Overview
- Chapter 2. Project Implementation
- Chapter 3. Development of the Data Infrastructure
- Chapter 4. Factors to Consider when Analyzing Data for Multiple Project Sites
- Chapter 5. Project Findings for Goal 1
- Chapter 6. Project Findings for Goal 2
- Chapter 7. Discussion of Project Findings
- Chapter 8. Lessons Learned and Suggestions for Data
- Chapter 9. Potential Future Uses of the Data Infrastructure
- Appendix A: AHRQ/IHS Improving Health Care Delivery Data Project. Methods
- Appendix B: Patient age, health status, and IHS total treatment costs by diabetes stage. Fiscal year 2010
Internet Citation: References. Content last reviewed December 2017. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.