Community Health Workers (Promotores de Salud)
Community health workers, also known as “promotores de salud,” play a vital role bridging patients, communities, and healthcare providers. These AHRQ resources can help improve gaps and mitigate social determinants of health among priority populations.
This collection of AHRQ tools and resources helps promotores de salud and community health workers enhance communication and engagement with patients and families.
- Health Literacy Measurement Tools.
- Health Literacy Professional Education and Training.
- Prevention Taskforce, (previously known as the ePSS), tool to identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients.
- QuestionBuilder App (also available in Spanish).
- Technical Brief: Impact of Community Health Worker Certification on Workforce and Service Delivery for Asthma and Other Selected Chronic Diseases.
This collection of AHRQ resources helps promotores de salud and community health workers connect patients and their families with community resources.
- EvidenceNow: Identifying and Addressing Social Needs in Primary Care Settings (PDF, 711 KB)
- EvidenceNOW: Questions to Elicit Patients' Beliefs and Social Context.
- EvidenceNOW: Building Rapport with Patients: OARS Communication Skills.
- Connect Health Care Providers, Community Organizations, and Public Health Agencies.
This collection of AHRQ data tools helps promotores de salud and community health workers analyze healthcare trends in their communities. Also, various glossaries with standardize healthcare terminology.
- COVID-19 Data Visualizations (Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project).
- Explore AHRQ Data Tools.
- Health Insurance Terms - Medical Expenditure Panel Survey.
- National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Reports (NHQDR) Glossary
- National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report: Disparities Measures (PDF, 2.6 MB).
- Patient Safety Net (PSNet) Glossary of patient safety terms and medical terminology.