Patient and Family Engagement
This module explains the—
- The role of patient advisors in ensuring patients' and families' views are incorporated into hospital policies and procedures.
- How to work with patient advisors as part of the CUSP team.
- Tools to improve communication among patients, families, and clinicians.
- How to communicate an adverse event to patients and family members.
This module includes—
- Patient and Family Engagement (YouTube video, 15 min., 41 sec.)
- Characteristics of an Engaged Advisor (2 min., 57 sec.)
- Effective Patient and Family Communication (1 min., 50 sec.)
- IDEAL Discharge (3 min., 30 sec.)
- Download the entire CUSP Toolkit