Patient and Family Engagement
The Patient and Family Engagement module of the CUSP Toolkit focuses on making sure patients and their family members understand what is happening during the patient's hospital stay, are active participants in the patient's care, and are prepared for discharge.
This module explains the—
- The role of patient advisors in ensuring patients' and families' views are incorporated into hospital policies and procedures.
- How to work with patient advisors as part of the CUSP team.
- Tools to improve communication among patients, families, and clinicians.
- How to communicate an adverse event to patients and family members.
This module includes—
Facilitator Notes (Word) [ - 2.83 MB] (Accessible Version)
Presentation Slides (PPT) [ - 3.88 MB] (Accessible Version)
- Patient and Family Engagement (YouTube video, 15 min., 41 sec.)
- Characteristics of an Engaged Advisor (2 min., 57 sec.)
- Effective Patient and Family Communication (1 min., 50 sec.)
- IDEAL Discharge (3 min., 30 sec.)
- Download the entire CUSP Toolkit