Engage Residents and Families
- Resident and Family Engagement brochure for residents (PDF, 132 KB)
Describes what resident and family engagement is and how to engage with long-term care facility staff as partners in infection-prevention care.
- Resident and Family Engagement: What Is My Role as a Leader? handout (PDF, 141.3 KB)
Describes the role of leaders to support, encourage, and engage residents and families.
- Resident and Family Engagement Module, Long-Term Care Safety Toolkit
Defines resident-and family-centered care, explains why it is important to engage them and the role they play as advisers in facilities’ safety teams.
- Antibiotic Stewardship educational video
This 5-minute educational video promotes antibiotic stewardship among residents, families, and frontline nursing home staff.
- When Do You Need an Antibiotic? brochure (PDF, 814.2 KB)
A brochure to help facility staff communicate with residents and families on when antibiotics are needed and why it’s important to not overuse them.
- Consumer Voice resources
Provides resources to train local ombudsmen to educate and engage residents and families in catheter-associated urinary tract infection and other infection prevention efforts.