Prevent Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection
- Catheter Insertion, Care, and Maintenance
Educational modules and resources that explain the types of catheters used to collect or drain urine from the bladder and how to prevent CAUTI by using evidence-based practices when inserting and caring for indwelling urinary catheters.
- Do's and Don'ts of Catheter Care infographic (PDF, 170 KB)
A visual guide that highlights the do's and don'ts of catheter care.
- C.A.U.T.I. infographic (PDF, 3.6 MB)
This tool provides a visual guide on evidence-based clinical interventions to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) by reducing unnecessary indwelling urinary catheter use and improving care of residents who have a catheter in place.
- Seven Things You Should Know About Urinary Leg Bags infographic (PDF, 441 KB)
A tool to highlight the use of and care for leg bags in a long-term care environment.
- Indwelling Urinary Catheter Insertion Checklist (Word, 294.4 KB)
This checklist provides a standardized tool to apply evidence-based practices for the insertion of an indwelling urinary catheter to reduce the risk of infection.
- Indwelling Urinary Catheter Maintenance Checklist (Word, 294.1 KB)
This checklist provides a standardized tool to apply evidence-based practices for the maintenance of and care for an indwelling urinary catheter to reduce the risk of infection.
- Leg Bag Frequently Asked Questions (Word, 291 KB)
The answers to these frequently asked questions are intended to support facilities in the implementation of CAUTI prevention efforts.
- Clinical Frequently Asked Questions (Word, 309 KB)
The answers to these frequently asked questions are intended to support facilities in the implementation of CAUTI and other healthcare-associated infection prevention efforts.