- Implementation Guide: It may be helpful to review this guide before starting a project to reduce infections and other complications in your ambulatory surgery center. The guide takes users step by step through the execution of technical and cultural interventions surrounding the safe surgery checklist. It also explains how to use tools such as checklist templates, quality improvement study frameworks, and coaching materials.
- Training and Tools for Implementation: Use these hands-on resources to train and guide your ambulatory surgery center team in implementing a program to improve safety culture and reduce infections and other complications.
- Communication and Teamwork
- Coaching Clinical Teams
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Training and Tools for Sustaining Improvement: These resources are specifically developed to help ambulatory surgery centers sustain the gains achieved through implementing this quality improvement program.
- Management Practices for Sustainability: These modules, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement and tested within the project, provide a deeper understanding of management practices for sustainability in ambulatory surgery centers.
This section provides links to key resources on infection prevention and patient and family engagement that ASCs may find helpful as they focus on making care safer for their patients.