Implementing CLABSI and CAUTI Prevention
The implementation guide will help your team be supported with resources to move through a program that enhances previous CUSP resources to reduce central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) and catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) in the hospital setting, and introduces a new, tiered interventional approach designed to help overcome challenges with persistently elevated infection rates in the intensive care unit (ICU) setting. This guide identifies groups of resources to utilize throughout your journey to lower infections in your ICU. Since CLABSI and CAUTI will always be a potential threat to patient care in the ICUs, this guide is intended to support teams to create a structure to sustain safe patient care.
It will take a deeper dive into various resources that will help you navigate through the adaptive and technical changes your team will have to make toward sustainable CLABSI and CAUTI prevention.
- Guide to Implementing and Sustaining a Program to Prevent CLABSI and CAUTI in the Intensive Care Unit Setting (PDF, 267.8 KB)
The implementation guide contains the following resources:
- CUSP Onboarding Modules, laying a foundation to implement a program of preventing CLABSI and CAUTI.
- CLABSI and CAUTI Prevention Modules, providing an introduction to the tiered interventions.
- Playbook for Preventing CLABSI and CAUTI in the ICU Setting: Connecting the Dots Between CUSP and the Tiered Interventions.
- CLABSI and CAUTI Learning Tools.
- APIC HAIs Calculator Tools.