National Partnership Network
Connect With AHRQ—Engage Your Community
You can play an important role in the promotion and use of research tools from AHRQ. Getting involved is simple. Whether your organization serves patients, caregivers, clinicians, or policymakers, the Treatment Options initiative offers many ways for you and your colleagues to join the effort to expand the use of evidence-based information in health care decision making. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like ideas or templates. Meanwhile, here are some suggested activities to get started—
Inform the Research from AHRQ’s Effective Health Care Program
- Suggest new topics for research or comment on key research questions and draft reports currently in development.
- Keep current on research findings and other AHRQ developments by signing up for the AHRQ Electronic Newsletter.
Share the Tools
- Order free EHC Program clinician and patient summaries for health professionals, patients, and caregivers. Patient summaries are available in English and Spanish. Call 1-800-358-9295, or contact us at email@example.com. We’ll ship materials to your organization, conference, or members’ offices.
- Alert your members to AHRQ's free continuing medical education/continuing education (CME/CE) activities. Modules on a variety of health conditions are accredited for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurses, and health educators.
Add to the Momentum
- Send us stories or videos of how your organization uses AHRQ resources to help people explore and compare their treatment options. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a dedicated comparative effectiveness research section on your Web site featuring the Treatment Options initiative. Email email@example.com for templates and ideas.
- Host an educational Web conference featuring EHC Program reports and products. Develop a session for a meeting, conference, or health fair.
Spread the Word
- Post the Treatment Options initiative’s patient education videos, public service announcements, lists of products (for health care professionals, consumers, and Spanish speakers), and fact sheets to your Web site. You can link to materials from your page or feature them in waiting rooms.
- Share the latest AHRQ research, news, and materials with customized articles for your organization’s newsletters, journals, and other resources. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for templates and ideas.
- Post Treatment Options, AHRQ, and EHC Program updates to your Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube channel, and blog to alert your members or community about new materials.
- Add widgets, buttons, and banners to your Facebook page, Twitter, and Web site to highlight the latest Treatment Options resources.
- Link to AHRQ's Treatment Options Web sites for patients and clinicians or AHRQ’s library of free resources.
Page originally created November 2014