Information to Help Hospitals Get Started
The Information to Help Hospitals Get Started section covers—
- How to select, implement, and evaluate the Guide’s strategies.
- How patient and family engagement can benefit your hospital.
- How senior hospital leadership can promote patient and family engagement.
Word and PowerPoint files are provided so that hospitals can tailor them for their organizations.
- About the Guide to Patient and Family Engagement – Provides an overview of the Guide’s purpose and strategies
[ Microsoft Word version - 68.51 KB ; PDF version - 354.36 KB ]
- How Patient and Family Engagement Benefits Your Hospital – Contains more detailed information about why patient and family engagement is important
[ Microsoft Word version - 501.47 KB ; PDF version - 345.45 KB ]
- How to Use the Guide to Patient and Family Engagement - Outlines four broad steps to help hospitals start the process of using the strategies and tools in the Guide
[ Microsoft Word version - 2.27 MB ; PDF version - 503.27 KB ]
- Supporting Patient and Family Engagement: Best Practices for Hospital Leaders - Provides specific advice and suggestions on how senior leaders can create a supportive environment for patients and families
[ Microsoft Word version - 1.46 MB ; PDF version - 368.79 KB ]
- The Guide to Patient and Family Engagement: What Is It, and How Does It Benefit Our Hospital? – Provides talking points on the benefits of patient and family engagement and the support that is needed
[ Microsoft PowerPoint version - 184.89 KB and PDF version - 427.16 KB ]
- Ways to Learn More – Provides links to resources on patient- and family-centered care, patient safety, and more
[ Microsoft Word version - 83.18 KB ; PDF version - 331.07 KB ]
Users can also download all of the materials in zipped format by selecting: http://www.ahrq.gov/downloads/patfamilyengageguide/abouttheguidezipfiles.zip, 6.65 MB.
After reviewing these materials, users can implement any of the following Guide strategies:
Page originally created June 2013