AHRQ's Safety Program for Nursing Homes: On-Time Prevention
- Know about adult learning principles and have experience training adults.
- Can adjust the technical complexity of the content to the audience's level of understanding.
- Have excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Have good problem-solving skills to deal with challenges that may arise (e.g., change in leadership, staff turnover).
- Are familiar with electronic medical records (EMRs) and understand potential value in quality improvement programs.
- Have experience working with the varied educational levels of nursing home staff.
- Are familiar with nursing home operations and quality regulations.
- Are flexible and creative when dealing with nursing home teams with varying quality improvement skills.