This toolkit presents a children's health care quality measure from the AHRQ-CMS Pediatric Quality Measures Program (PQMP). The measure has been developed by PQMP Centers of Excellence (COE) grantee, Center of Excellence for Pediatric Quality Measurement (CEPQM) at Boston Children's Hospital.
The CAHPS® Child Hospital Survey (Child HCAHPS) Toolkit asks patients’ families or caregivers about their child’s experience as an inpatient, as well as their own experience throughout their child’s hospital stay. This toolkit seeks to help providers and other key stakeholders better understand the needs and experiences of both pediatric patients and their families/caregivers. This toolkit includes materials to support users in:
- Assessing inpatient experience of pediatric patients and their families/caregivers.
- Tracking quality and improvement across pediatric settings.
- Providing guidance for administration and measure reporting of Child HCAHPS.
The intended audience(s) for this toolkit include providers, hospitals, payers, and health system administrators who are involved in administration and/or use of the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey.
This toolkit is organized into six sections:
- Measure Specifications and Measure Reporting.
- Key Driver Diagram.
- Quality Improvement Strategies.
- Improvement Data.
- Other Resources.