Module 3: Falls Prevention and Management
Learning and Performance Objectives
Participants will understand:
- Why falls are an important safety issue.
- Risk factors for falls.
- Which residents are at high risk of falling.
- How falls can be prevented.
- How nursing assistants and licensed nurses can work together to prevent falls.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe nursing interventions to prevent falls, initiated by either:
- A nursing assistant.
- A licensed nurse.
- Use particular interventions for particular risk factors.
- Work as a member of a nursing team to:
- Choose intervention(s) for a particular case.
- Assess whether an intervention is effective
Page originally created June 2012