SOPS Additional Resources
Action Planning Tool
Data Entry and Analysis Tools
These tools use Microsoft® Excel® to assist with entering survey data. The tools then create tables and graphs to display survey results. There is a tool for each SOPS survey. To request one of the tools, email DatabasesOnSafetyCulture@westat.com and specify which survey tool you would like (Hospital 2.0, Hospital 1.0, Medical Office, Nursing Home, Community Pharmacy, and Ambulatory Surgery Center).
These documents contain links to practice resources to improve patient safety culture and patient safety in healthcare organizations.
- Hospital: Improving Patient Safety in Hospitals: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture:
- Medical Office: Improving Patient Safety in Medical Offices: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 441.4 KB).
- Nursing Home: Improving Patient Safety in Nursing Homes: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 576 KB).
- Community Pharmacy: Improving Patient Safety in Community Pharmacies: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 440 KB).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center: Improving Patient Safety in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 650 KB).
- Health IT Patient Safety: Improving Health Information Technology Patient Safety: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Health Information Technology Item Set (PDF, 1.53 MB).
- Value and Efficiency: Improving Value and Efficiency in Hospitals and Medical Offices: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ SOPS Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items (PDF, 897 KB).
The purpose of this bibliography is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys and supplemental items. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; how to improve patient safety culture, analyses linking the survey to outcome data; analyses linking composite measures with site and/or respondent characteristics, reviews of instruments or studies; and international studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This document provides answers to a wide range of questions about the SOPS program as well as the specific survey instruments. Users can search the FAQs by topic.