SOPS Additional Resources
Action Planning Tool
The Action Planning Tool (PDF Version, 369 KB; Word Version, 112 KB) assists users of the AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture to develop an action plan for improving patient safety culture in their organizations.
Data Entry and Analysis Tool
This tool uses Microsoft® Excel® to assist with entering survey data. The tool then creates tables and graphs to display survey results. To request the tool, send an email to: DatabasesOnSafetyCulture@westat.com.
These documents contain links to practice resources to improve patient safety culture and patient safety in healthcare organizations.
- Hospital: Improving Patient Safety in Hospitals: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 519 KB)
- Medical Office: Improving Patient Safety in Medical Offices: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF,441.44 KB)
- Nursing Home: Improving Patient Safety in Nursing Homes: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 576 KB)
- Community Pharmacy: Improving Patient Safety in Community Pharmacies: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 440 KB)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center: Improving Patient Safety in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture (PDF, 650 KB)
- Health IT Patient Safety: Improving Health Information Technology Patient Safety: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ Health Information Technology Item Set (PDF, 1.53 MB)
- Value and Efficiency: Improving Value and Efficiency in Hospitals and Medical Offices: A Resource List for Users of the AHRQ SOPS Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items (PDF, 897 KB)
Research Reference List
The purpose of this research reference list is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; analyses linking the survey to outcome data; reviews of instruments; and international studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This document provides answers to a wide range of questions about the SOPS program as well as the specific survey instruments. Users can search the FAQs by topic.
Page originally created June 2018