Tips on Designing a Health Care Quality Report for Consumers
It takes good design as well as good writing to create a clear and effective consumer report on quality. You can use design features to:
- Attract and hold the attention of your intended audience.
- Help readers find information of personal interest.
- Help readers make appropriate comparisons and interpret them correctly.
To create a good design, you'll need to apply some basic design principles, work effectively with your design team, and get feedback from your intended audience to be sure your design is working well. This section offers tips to help you with these tasks.1
- First Design Decision for a Quality Report: Web, Paper, or Both
- Six Tips for Making a Quality Report Appealing and Easy To Skim
- Four Tips for Designing Web-Based Health Care Quality Reports
- Advice on Using Design Professionals for a Quality Report
- Testing the Design of a Quality Report by Getting User Feedback
- Some of this content is adapted from McGee J. Toolkit for Making Written Material Clear and Effective. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.