Module 10: Options To Expand System Capacity and Patient Centeredness
Video: Using Hybrid Cardiac Rehabilitation to Expand System Capacity and Patient-Centeredness (59:42)
Slides: Using Hybrid Cardiac Rehabilitation To Expand System Capacity and Patient-Centeredness (PDF, 1.9 MB)
Implementation Guide: Using Hybrid Cardiac Rehabilitation To Expand System Capacity and Patient-Centeredness (PDF, 3.5 MB)
This module provides an overview of what a hybrid cardiac rehabilitation (CR) program option may look like, discusses how this option can benefit patients and CR programs, and explains how you can assess whether your specific program should explore adding this option. Enabling some patients to receive hybrid CR, meaning far fewer onsite visits, may allow your program to better serve the community and further reduce the number of eligible patients that aren’t able to obtain the benefits that CR provides.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Defining virtual and hybrid CR
- Examples of hybrid CR programs
- Benefits, risks, and effectiveness of hybrid CR to patients
- Benefits of hybrid CR to programs
- Questions to ask when exploring hybrid CR options
- Introducing a hybrid option into your program
- Implementation options
The target audiences for this session include:
- The CR and QI staff
- Non-team cardiac clinicians
- IT staff
- Hospital leadership
It is important to note that the audiences listed above are a suggestion rather than a limitation. All are welcome to watch and review the module.
Upon completion of this module, attendees should be able to:
- Understand what remote and hybrid CR are and how they compare to onsite CR.
- Understand why remote and hybrid CR are valuable options for many eligible patients.
- Identify important factors that should be considered when assessing whether adding a remote or hybrid CR option may benefit the patients and program.
Henry Ford Hospital
Northwest Community Healthcare
Provide feedback on this training module at TAKEheart@abtassoc.com.
See Module 10 Implementation Guide.