Module 9: Engaging and Empowering Patients and Families for Success in Cardiac Rehabilitation
Video: Activating Patients to Engage and Complete Cardiac Rehabilitation (59:10)
This module builds upon Modules 6 and 8 which discussed the elements of care coordination in a cardiac rehabilitation (CR) program. Expert speakers will cover patient activation, engagement, and how to determine and utilize geographical and demographic characteristics of a CR program.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Patient activation
- Patient engagement
- A case study on patient activation/engagement
- How to determine/utilize the characteristics of the geography and demographics served by a CR program
- A case study on patient ambassadors
The target audiences for this session include:
- The CR and QI staff
- Non-team cardiac clinicians
- Discharge planners
- Care coordinators
- Hospital leadership
It is important to note that the audiences listed above are a suggestion rather than a limitation. All are welcome to watch and review the module.
Upon completion of this module, attendees should be able to:
- Analyze patient and hospital case studies to understand techniques for activating patients to engage in CR
- Apply lessons learned through the case studies to gaps in your CR program’s care coordination workflow
Sands-Constellation Heart Institute, Rochester Regional Health Systems
Kathy Duckett Consulting
Partnership Health Advisors
Rochester Regional Health Systems
Provide feedback on this training module at TAKEheart@abtassoc.com.
See Module 9 Implementation Guide.