Module 3: Systems Change: Understanding Your Workflow Processes To Prepare for System Change
Video: Systems Change: Understanding Your Workflow Processes To Prepare for System Change (1:01:14)
This module continues the discussion of the steps necessary for systems change to support the implementation of automatic referral with effective care coordination. Participants will map and study their current referral and care coordination workflow processes to understand what is working and what needs to be addressed.
Topics covered in this module include:
- Understanding workflow process mapping, including what should be mapped and who should be involved.
- Learning how to create a workflow process map, with a focus on automatic referral and care coordination.
- Capturing insights from the process maps to identify problems in key processes.
- Beginning process redesign.
The target audiences for this session include:
- The CR QI team
- Non-team cardiac clinicians
- Discharge planners
- Care coordinators
- Hospital leadership
It is important to note that the audiences listed above are a suggestion rather than a limitation. All are welcome to watch and review the module.
Upon completion of this module, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the importance of mapping key processes and identifying process failures before implementing automatic referral or enhancing care coordination.
- Map current workflow processes for CR referral, enrollment, participation, and completion, including data collection.
- Identify implementation gaps and process failures that must be addressed to support automatic referral with effective care coordination.
Henry Ford Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Provide feedback on this training module at TAKEheart@abtassoc.com.
McNeil, P. Liverpool Hospital. Clinical Champions. Accessed February 14, 2020.
Million Hearts. Getting to 70% Cardiac Rehabilitation Participation: Action Steps for Hospitals. Accessed February 14, 2020.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Quality Improvement Essentials Toolkit. Accessed February 14, 2020.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Project Planning Form. Accessed February 14, 2020.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) Worksheet. Accessed February 14, 2020.