Webcast: New AHRQ SOPS Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items
January 9, 2018
On January 9, 2018, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) hosted a webcast featuring the new Value and Efficiency Supplemental Item Sets for the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture™ (SOPS™) for hospitals and medical offices. These supplemental item sets assess how well an organization's culture supports value, efficiency, and waste reduction. Surveys are completed by clinical and nonclinical staff. The webcast featured a hospital-based survey user's experience implementing efficiency initiatives and improvements based on survey findings.
Speakers and PowerPoint Slides
Caren Ginsberg, Ph.D.
Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Background and Overview: Value and Efficiency in Healthcare (PDF, 130 KB)
Joann Sorra, Ph.D.
User Network for the AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture (SOPS)
Introduction Slides (PDF, 299 KB)
Value & Efficiency Survey Item Development and Pilot Test Results (PDF, 565 KB)
Closing Slides (PDF, 185 KB)
Cynthia Armstrong Persily, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
Chief Executive Officer
Highland Behavioral Health Services,
and Highland Health Center
First Hand Experience: The AHRQ Hospital Value and Efficiency Item Set (PDF, 812 KB)
Clarification: To submit supplemental items to AHRQ's SOPS Databases, you need to administer the supplemental items with one of the SOPS surveys (Hospital or Medical Office). Supplemental items cannot be submitted to the SOPS Databases if they were administered as standalone items.
Read the transcript of the webcast (PDF, 306 KB)
- Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items for the Hospital Survey
- Hospital: Results From the 2014 Pilot Study of the Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture
- Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items for the Medical Office Survey
- Medical Office: Results From the 2014 Pilot Study of the Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items