Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture
ASCs are facilities: (1) where patients have surgeries, procedures, and treatments and are not expected to need an inpatient stay, and (2) that have been certified and approved to participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' ASC program.
Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey—English (PDF, 303 KB; MS Word, 89 KB).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey—Spanish (PDF, 89 KB; MS Word, 57 KB).
Survey Items and Composite Measures
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey Items and Composite Measures—English (PDF, 174 KB).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey Items and Composite Measures—Spanish Version and Description of Translation Process (PDF, 164 KB).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide (PDF, 735 KB). The User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, selecting a sample, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting a Web-based survey, preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Frequently Asked Questions About the SOPS Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey.