Supplemental Items for Medical Office SOPS
All SOPS® surveys are composed of standardized questions—referred to as core items—that support the comparability of survey content across users. There are also optional supplemental items that users may add to assess content in areas not included in the core questionnaire. The following SOPS supplemental items for the Medical Office Survey are available:
- SOPS Diagnostic Safety Supplemental Items for the Medical Office Survey.
- SOPS Value and Efficiency Supplemental Items for the Medical Office Survey.
Supplemental items are typically ordered by composite measures. A composite measure is a grouping of two or more survey items that assess the same area of culture.
To submit data from these supplemental items to the AHRQ SOPS Medical Office Database, and to enable your site's data to be compared with the Database, the supplemental items should be:
- Administered in their entirety without modifications or deletions:
- No changes to any of the survey item text and response options.
- No reordering of survey items.
- Added to the end of the Medical Office SOPS, after Section G: Overall Ratings and before the Background Questions section. Be sure to include any introductory text, definitions of terms, subheadings, and instructions in the supplemental items. If you are including both SOPS supplemental item sets, the order should be (1) core Medical Office Survey followed by (2) Diagnostic Safety, and then (3) Value and Efficiency supplemental items.