Summaries of CAHPS Consortium Research
For over 20 years, AHRQ's CAHPS Consortium has served as the "R&D engine" for the CAHPS initiative, which has been responsible for multiple innovations in the design and administration of patient experience surveys. This research team continues to explore ways to improve the usefulness and practicality of the survey.
Current projects address survey design and methods, use of CAHPS surveys to improve patient experience, and the reporting of CAHPS and other quality measures to consumers.
Survey Design and Methods
- Improving the Efficiency of CAHPS Survey Administration (PDF, 186 KB)
- Alignment of CAHPS Ambulatory Care Surveys (PDF, 172 KB)
Use of Surveys To Improve Patient Experience
- Impact of Patient-Centered Medical Home Transformation on Patient Experience (PDF, 172 KB)
- Use of CAHPS® Patient-Centered Medical Home Items During PCMH Transformation (PDF, 142 KB)
- Effect of a Nurse Care Coordination Program on Quality of Care (PDF, 219 KB)
- Using Patient Experience Information in Hospitals: A Survey of Hospital Quality Leaders (PDF, 161 KB)
Reporting to Consumers
Page originally created July 2017