CAHPS surveys play an important role as a quality improvement (QI) tool for health care organizations that use the standardized data to:
- Identify relative strengths and weaknesses in their performance,
- Determine where they need to improve, and
- Track their progress over time.
Supporting and assessing the use of CAHPS surveys for QI purposes is one of the key objectives for the CAHPS grants.
The CAHPS Ambulatory Care Improvement Guide is a comprehensive resource for health plans, medical groups, and other providers seeking to improve their performance in the domains of patient experience measured by CAHPS surveys of ambulatory care. Use this guide to help your organization:
- Cultivate an environment that encourages and sustains quality improvement;
- Analyze the results of CAHPS surveys to identify strengths and weaknesses; and
- Develop strategies for improving performance.
This page lists various reports and research papers developed by members of the CAHPS Consortium and other researchers.
Page originally created October 2011