Improving Patient Experience
CAHPS® surveys play an important role as a quality improvement (QI) tool for health care organizations that use the standardized data to:
- Identify relative strengths and weaknesses in their performance,
- Determine where they need to improve, and
- Track their progress over time.
Supporting and assessing the use of CAHPS surveys for QI purposes is one of the key objectives for the CAHPS grants.
The CAHPS Ambulatory Care Improvement Guide
The CAHPS Ambulatory Care Improvement Guide is a comprehensive resource for health plans, medical groups, and other providers seeking to improve their performance in the domains of patient experience measured by CAHPS surveys of ambulatory care. Use this guide to help your organization:
- Cultivate an environment that encourages and sustains quality improvement.
- Analyze the results of CAHPS surveys to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop strategies for improving performance.
Six Ways To Use CAHPS To Improve Patient Experience (1:15)
Research on Improving Patient Experience
Researchers affiliated with the CAHPS Consortium conduct both formal and informal studies to better understand how CAHPS surveys can be used to improve patient experience with care.