Supplemental Items for the CAHPS Health Plan Adult Survey 5.0/5.1: Access to Mental Health Care Services
Population version: Adult
Instructions for adding these items
- After the last item before the "About You" section, add the following subheading, formatted to be consistent with existing subheadings:
Counseling and Mental Health Treatment
- Add the following text before the questions:
People can get counseling or mental health treatment for many different reasons, such as:
- Feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed.
- Personal problems (like when a loved one dies or when there are problems at work).
- Family problems (like marriage problems or when parents and children have trouble getting along).
- Needing help with drug or alcohol use.
Reporting the items
Survey users can report items separately or create a composite by adding the responses to MH3, MH4, and MH6 and dividing by the number of items for which there was a response.
Survey users can also create a composite for the two counseling items (MH3 and MH4) by adding responses and dividing by the number of items for which there was a response. Then the mental health medication item (MH6) can be reported separately.