Participating in the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey Database
All children's hospitals and inpatient pediatric departments that administer CAHPS Child Hospital (Child HCAHPS) Survey are invited to submit their results to the Child Hospital Survey Database. This page explains the requirements and the steps involved in participating.
Key Dates for 2024:
- Data submission period: March 11 – April 12, 2024.
- Survey administration period: Between January 1 and December 31, 2023.
To be notified about future submission periods, please sign up for email updates from AHRQ.
How To Participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database
Organizations that want to participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database will be asked to register for an account and provide the following information:
- Hospital information.
- Data Use Agreement (DUA).
- CAHPS survey instrument.
- CAHPS data file.
Please visit the Child Hospital Survey Database Submission System for forms, specifications, and additional information.
For technical assistance, please contact the CAHPS Database staff:
- Email: CAHPSDatabase@Westat.com.
- Phone: 888–808–7108.
Benefits of Participating in the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey Database
Organizations that contribute their Child Hospital Survey data to the Child Hospital Survey Database will receive:
- A private, customized feedback report that compares their survey results to overall findings aggregated across all participants in this database.
- Access and use of database products for quality improvement and research, including:
- Access to technical assistance to support data submission.
Requirements To Participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database
To participate in the Child Hospital Survey Database, survey instruments must meet certain requirements. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in your data not being included in the database.
- Survey instruments must include all core questions from the CAHPS Child Hospital Survey.
- Survey instruments must not alter the wording, response options, or response values of any core questions.