CAHPS for Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Survey
The CAHPS for MIPS Survey is a version of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey for group practices participating in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Merit-based Incentive Payment System. This survey is an optional quality measure that those groups can elect to administer. It replaces the CAHPS for Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Survey.
Because the CAHPS for MIPS Survey adds items to the core CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey, it generates a larger set of patient experience measures (referred to as summary survey measures, or SSMs):
- Getting Timely Care, Appointments and Information (core).
- How Well Providers Communicate (core).
- Care Coordination (core).
- Courteous and Helpful Office Staff (core).
- Patient's Rating of Provider (core).
- Access to Specialists.
- Health Promotion and Education.
- Shared Decisionmaking.
- Health Status and Functional Status.
- Stewardship of Patient Resources.
For more information, visit the Resource Library for CMS's Quality Payment Program and search for CAHPS.
No documentation for this survey is available on AHRQ's Web site.