CAHPS Dental Plan Survey
The CAHPS Dental Plan Survey is a standardized questionnaire that asks adult enrollees in dental plans to report on their experiences with care and services from a dental plan, the dentists, and their staff. This survey was developed for the TRICARE dental plan, but has been adapted for other uses. It is available to States, purchasers, and other organizations interested in assessing, improving, and reporting on the quality and value offered by dental plans.
Get the Dental Plan Survey
The following documents are available for this survey:
- CAHPS Dental Plan Survey (PDF, 608 KB; Word, 99 KB)—English only
- Patient Experience Measures from the CAHPS Dental Plan Survey (PDF, 614 KB)
Users of this survey may want to consult the following guidance:
Quality Measures From the Dental Plan Survey
The Dental Plan Survey produces the following measures of patient experience:
- Care from Dentists and Staff
- Access to Dental Care
- Dental Plan Information and Services
- Overall Rating of the Dentist
- Overall Rating of Dental Care
- Overall Rating of Ease of Finding a Dentist
- Overall Rating of the Dental Plan
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) and TRICARE, the Department of Defense's health plan for military personnel and their dependents, developed this survey to measure patients' experiences with their dental plan and its services. They submitted this survey to the CAHPS Consortium, which adopted it as a CAHPS product in December 2006.
Learn about the development of the Dental Plan Survey.
Page originally created October 2011