Download the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey 3.0 and Instructions
Download a ZIP file containing all Clinician & Group Survey 3.0 documents (ZIP, 10.3 MB)
Contents of the ZIP file
What's Available for the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey 3.0
Find out what documents are available to support your use of the Clinician & Group Survey 3.0.
CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Overview of the Questionnaires
Reviews the topics covered by the survey and explains the changes made to the 3.0 version.
Adult Survey 3.0
Core questionnaire for an adult population; available in English and Spanish.
Child Survey 3.0
Core questionnaire for a child population; available in English and Spanish.
Search supplemental items to find optional questions that can be added to the 3.0 version of the Clinician & Group Survey to address specific topics. Please note that all supplemental items are currently being reviewed for use with this version; more items will be added as they are finalized.
- About the CAHPS Patient Narrative Elicitation Protocol—Describes the beta version of a structured series of open-ended questions designed to elicit clear and comprehensive descriptions of patients’ experiences with their health care providers and medical office staff.
- About the CAHPS Patient-Centered Medical Home Item Set 3.0—Describes the updated item sets for adults and children, lists formatted items, and provides placement instructions.
Until all supplemental items have been reviewed for the 3.0 version of the survey, users are welcome to adapt older versions of the items.
- Supplemental Items for the Adult Survey—Lists all supplemental items available for the Adult Survey 2.0 and provides placement instructions.
- Supplemental Items for the Child Survey—Lists all supplemental items available for the Child Survey 2.0 and provides placement instructions.
- About the Item Set for Addressing Health Literacy.
- About the Health Information Technology Item Set.
- About the Cultural Competence Item Set.
Preparing a Questionnaire Using the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Includes guidelines for incorporating supplemental items and formatting the questionnaire.
Translating CAHPS Surveys
Explains how to translate CAHPS surveys from English into another language in a cost-effective yet culturally competent manner.
Fielding the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Includes guidelines for constructing a sample of adults or children, collecting data, determining whether a questionnaire is complete, and calculating response rates.
Sample Telephone Script for the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Provides guidelines for administering the survey by telephone and sample scripts in English and Spanish.
Sample Notification Letters and Emails for the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Contains examples of letters, postcards, and emails in both English and Spanish for notifying and reminding potential respondents about the survey.
Instructions for Analyzing Data from CAHPS Surveys
Provides general guidelines for using the CAHPS analysis program (known as the CAHPS macro).
SAS Document Package
Includes SAS® files needed for the CAHPS analysis program.
Preparing and Analyzing Data from the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Provides guidelines for getting the data ready for analysis and adapting the CAHPS analysis program to the Clinician & Group Survey.
Patient Experience Measures from the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey
Provides a list of the composite and rating measures that can be used for public and internal reports of survey results; tables indicate which survey items are included in each measure.
How do you unzip this file? To unzip the zipped file, double-click on the file name. If you do not have a zip file utility already installed on your computer, you can get one from the many vendors on the Internet that have zip file format utilities for Windows®, Mac®, Linux, and Unix.
Any questions? Contact the CAHPS User Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-492-9261.
Page originally created June 2015