Report Scores to Consumers
Over the years, members of the CAHPS Consortium haves contributed to various resources intended to support organizations in reporting Clinician & Group Survey results in a way that is understandable and usable for consumers.
- Developing a Public Report for the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: A Decision Guide
- Aggregating and Analyzing CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey Results: A Decision Guide
- How To Report Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (PDF, 971 KB)
Organizations that report survey results can also:
- Review examples of comparative reports on medical groups and clinics, physician practices, and/or individual providers.
- Consult guidelines and strategies based on consumer testing conducted by the CAHPS Consortium, the experiences of CAHPS researchers and sponsors, and published literature on related topics.
- Browse AHRQ's TalkingQuality, which offers advice on displaying scores, describing the CAHPS measures, promoting awareness and use of the information, and evaluating a reporting project. TalkingQuality is a comprehensive guide to planning and implementing a report to consumers with comparative information on health care quality.
Audio and Conference Presentations
Listen to podcasts and presentations featuring interviews with quality reporters and reporting experts:
- Tips on Making Quality Reports User-Centered
- The Effects of Out-of-Pocket Costs on Enrollees' Experiences With Health Plans: Implications for Consumer Reporting
- Use of "Roll-ups" to Report CAHPS Survey Results and Other Quality Measures
- How Social Media Can Draw Visitors to a Quality Report
- Rating the Raters: How the Informed Patient Institute Assesses Health Care Quality Reports
- Branding Your Quality Report
- Who Are You Talking To? New Insights Into the Audience for Consumer Reports on Health Care Quality (Webcast)
Several speakers at the 12th CAHPS and 2nd SOPS User Group Meeting in April 2010 addressed reporting issues. Review relevant conference presentations:
Health Plan Use of CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey for Reporting and Quality Improvement
- Clifford Rowley, HealthPlus of Michigan (PDF, 634 KB)
- Dana Gelb Safran, BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts (PDF, 965 KB)
Reporting Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Strategies for Analysis and Scoring
- David Kanouse and Marc Elliott, RAND (PDF, 469 KB)
Reporting Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Experiences in Three Markets
- Catherine Davis, Kansas City Quality Improvement Consortium (PDF, 1027 KB)
- Brenda Paul, Minnesota Community Measurement (PDF, 970 KB)
- Rose Judge, Massachusetts Health Quality Partners (PDF, 1503 KB)
View more presentations from the 12th National CAHPS and 2nd SOPS User Group Meeting.
Page originally created June 2012