Report Clinician & Group Survey Scores to Consumers
Over the years, members of the CAHPS Consortium haves contributed to various resources intended to support organizations in reporting Clinician & Group Survey results in a way that is understandable and usable for consumers.
- Developing a Public Report for the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: A Decision Guide
- Aggregating and Analyzing CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey Results: A Decision Guide
- How To Report Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (PDF, 971 KB)
Organizations that report survey results can also:
- Review examples of comparative reports on medical groups and clinics, physician practices, and/or individual providers.
- Consult guidelines and strategies based on consumer testing conducted by the CAHPS Consortium, the experiences of CAHPS researchers and sponsors, and published literature on related topics.
- Browse AHRQ's TalkingQuality, which offers advice on displaying scores, describing the CAHPS measures, promoting awareness and use of the information, and evaluating a reporting project. TalkingQuality is a comprehensive guide to planning and implementing a report to consumers with comparative information on healthcare quality.
Audio and Conference Presentations
Several speakers at the 12th CAHPS and 2nd SOPS User Group Meeting in April 2010 addressed reporting issues. Review relevant conference presentations:
Health Plan Use of CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey for Reporting and Quality Improvement
- Clifford Rowley, HealthPlus of Michigan (PDF, 634 KB)
- Dana Gelb Safran, BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts (PDF, 965 KB)
Reporting Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Strategies for Analysis and Scoring
- David Kanouse and Marc Elliott, RAND (PDF, 469 KB)
Reporting Results of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey: Experiences in Three Markets
- Catherine Davis, Kansas City Quality Improvement Consortium (PDF, 1 MB)
- Brenda Paul, Minnesota Community Measurement (PDF, 970 KB)
- Rose Judge, Massachusetts Health Quality Partners (PDF, 1.5 MB)
View more presentations from the 12th National CAHPS and 2nd SOPS User Group Meeting.